none
Disk management takes forever to open and it gives me a prompt to initialize the disks which were already initialized. RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to access Disk management, i am getting a prompt to initialize the disks which are already initialized, i am not able to access Diskpart as well via command prompt.
    First, disk management takes forever to open and it gives me a prompt to initialize the disks which were already initialized.
    Monday, August 12, 2019 5:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

May I ask more information about your current situation so that we can deep troubleshoot?

1)What's your OS version? Please try to hotfix for the OS to see if it works.

2)How many disk drives in the diskmanagement? 

3)Can you open Powershell and type "get-physicaldisk" to check the disk information?

4)When you can't access Diskpart, any error message shown?

5) Would you mind please post a screenshot for your symptom of the initializing the disks in the DiskManagement?

Highly appreciate your effort and time. If you have any question or concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 3:46 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going on?

Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, August 16, 2019 8:06 AM