none
How to display all the Enterprise Project Templates in a PWA page |2007] RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is it possible to build a specific Web page which will display all the Enterprise project templates?

Thanks

Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

It would not be possible to create a webpart that I know of out of the box which lists the Enterprise Project Templates.  I am not sure if this is possible via customisation.  Maybe it could be possible with a SQL Reporting Services Report could be an option?

Regards,

Dharmesh

• Proposed as answer by Dharm Patel Thursday, July 29, 2010 11:24 AM
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:49 AM
  • Yes, It's possible to make a SQL query like this one:

USE ProjectServer_Draft

SELECT PROJ_NAME, PROJ_TYPE

FROM

MSP_PROJECTS

WHERE PROJ_TYPE = 1  -- NB : 1 = Template

but the administrator would like to have a global view of his templates in PWA...

Thursday, July 29, 2010 4:18 PM
  • Hi,

could a "Report Viewer Web Part" added to PWA fulfill this requirement?

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, July 29, 2010 5:22 PM
  • Hi Barbara,

Have any idea about the way to fulfill such a Web Part.  For example how to connect the result of the previous SQL query to the Web Part?

Thanks

Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:41 PM
  • Hi,

You would need to create the report using SQL Reporting Services and use the web part mentioend by Barbara - the "Report Viewer Web Part" to connect up to the SQL Report you would create.

Regards,

Dharmesh

• Proposed as answer by Dharm Patel Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by WLID1966 Friday, July 30, 2010 7:07 AM
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:06 PM
  • Hi WLID,

have a look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb326356(v=SQL.90).aspx and http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/bb326214(v=SQL.90).aspx for more detailed information.

As Darmesh wrote you will need to create your report with SQL Reporting Services and can populate it within this webpart. If you don't have the web part available, you will possibly need to activate it with something like 'stsadm.exe -o addwppack -force -filename "........Tools\Reporting Services\SharePoint\RSWebParts.cab"

Good luck!
    Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Friday, July 30, 2010 7:07 AM
    Friday, July 30, 2010 5:07 AM
  • Barbara and Dharmesh,

Thanks a lot for these information. I just have to learne...

Regards

Friday, July 30, 2010 7:07 AM
  • Hi,

so did I for report viewer web part when I needed for the first time. Bing and google are my best friends ;-)

Good luck!
    Regards
    Barbara

Friday, July 30, 2010 7:09 AM