none
Concurrent users standard pool? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, running a lync server 2013 standard edition server and I want to know how many users we can have simultaneous.

recommended hardware with 32 GB RAM.

We have around 550 people and the question is:

1) can this server hold 250 concurrent users in a Conference?

2) how  many users can dial-in into this conf (we have only tested with 3-4 users in a pilot) we dont use Enterprise voice, just dial-in for Conference purposes.

Not an exact number but are we talking 10, 50 or 250 dial-in users?

Thanks!

• Edited by [zid] Monday, December 7, 2015 9:00 PM
    Monday, December 7, 2015 8:54 PM

Answers

• 1) Yes.

2) Theoretically, 250 dial-in users assuming you have a separate mediation server running with recommended specs as well. If the mediation server is co-located with the front end, then the supported number of dial-in users is 150.

That said... there's no hard limit in the software other than what you define in the conferencing policy.  If you're using brand new physical hardware, you could possibly push past the 250 user limit and I have clients that run conferences as large as 4 to 500 callers.  The 250 number is just the supported limit.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg615015(v=ocs.15).aspx

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, December 7, 2015 10:08 PM