People picker not able to resolve user sitting in multiple domains RRS feed

• Question

• HI All,

Has anyone come across Multiple domains being a pain in People Picker?

e.g. domain1\UserA and domain2\UserA both resolve to the same display name (User A) and hence people picker is unable to get a unique entry back from SharePoint hence not allowing the user to add to the site.

Error: multiple entries matched please click to resolve.

Any thoughts to tackle this?

Web App is claims based.

Resolutes

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 6:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We had a similar issue, when you try to resolve the users, does the people picker shows you the conflict results of people names and allowing the user to pick one?

~ Jeethu Joseph | Consultant ~ SharePoint |MCP,MCAD.Net,MCSD.Net,MCTS,A+| SharePointLogics

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:58 AM
  • Yes , it does but when I click ok it is giving me an error. Also I found that there should be two user profiles created when the user is syncd from two different domains but only one user profile is getting created. Any help please.

Resolutes

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 9:27 AM
  • Have the same problem. If I try to add user A\Smith to site, people picker show me A\Smith, B\Smith, C\SmithA, C\SmithB and etc. All this user have different DisplayNames. Think that problem in December 2011 CU.

UPD. It is strange, but problem is gone. I do not install updates or something else.

• Edited by Kankan4 Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:18 AM
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:40 AM