Hyperlink to another dashboard page from KPI in PPS 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I want to redirect to another page in dashboard on click of KPI. I created redir.aspx page in PPSWebparts and taken web page report on KPI page and set URL to redir.aspx page. I set KPI hyperlink property to other dashboard page and connected the KPI to the Webpage report on dashboard. 

reference POST: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ppsmonitoringandanalytics/thread/1e4e13c2-4efd-40d5-81c1-9c426fa2aecd?prof=required

I used above method on my KPI. redir.aspx file looks like:

<%@ Page Language="C#"%>
    <% string js = @"
            <script language=""javascript"">   
    window.parent.navigate(""{0}""); </script>";   
    string reff = Request.Params["EndPoint_URL"];
    if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(reff))
    Response.Write(string.Format(js, reff));
    %>

When i click on KPI it redirects me to next dashboard page, But, problem occurs when i click browser back button on second page. It takes me to first KPI page but again redirects to second page on its own.

This doesnt happen if i click on KPI page link in 'dashboard page navigation'

Pls help. thanks in advance.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 5:01 AM

All replies

• Hello Abhijeet

Did you ever find a solution for this ?

Thanks

Christian

Thursday, August 11, 2011 2:16 PM
  • Hello Christian,

We didnt find any solution for this. We changed our design. In edit mode of page in browser, we set Title URL property of scorecard webpart to detail page URLs.

disadvantage is, one scorecard can now redirect to one deatil page. If one wants to redirect to different page on each KPI row in scorecard, one has to go with approach i mentioned in my 1st post above. [with browser back button issue :-( ]

Please reply if you have any other workarround.

Thanks.

++
    Friday, August 12, 2011 4:50 AM