IE9 generates a "Do you want to open or save su71219ad64.js (41 bytes) from v1.bookwhen.com RRS feed

• Question

• Good Afternoon all :)

I have an issue with running https://v1.bookwhen.com in IE9. When I attempt to delete a booking (which works in Chrome/FF etc) I get the error message "Do you want to open or save su71219ad64.js (41 bytes) from v1.bookwhen.com".

Client machine is Windows 7 x64, recently patched running what I would consider as a typical set of enterprise applications.

Some initial investigations appear to suggest that it could be the mime handling within the app itself. I'll continue to investigate and test but if anyone has any suggestions I'd certainly appreciate some guidance.

This is in a enterprise domain environment, running a large amount of Group Policies

Thanks all in anticpation

Nic

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 1:34 PM

Answers

• Vendor resolved issue. Appears the problem lay within their own code. Interesting not from Robert about the mime types that I will test. Thanks to all who participated :)
    • Marked as answer by Nic Street Monday, June 22, 2015 9:32 AM
    Monday, June 22, 2015 9:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Nic,

Did the message occur before when we try to delete something form this website?

I suspect it is related to the add-on of this website that triggers to download something from this website.
    We can run "iexplore.exe -extoff" to open the Internet Explorer 9 without add-ons to have a troubleshoot.
    If the message disappeared, we can enable the add-ons one by one to find out the culprit.
    If the issue persists, we can try to reset the Internet Explorer 9 to get an original settings to have a check.
    Tools\Internet Options\Advanced\Reset

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 18, 2015 7:09 AM
  • Some initial investigations appear to suggest that it could be the mime handling within the app itself.

Does that mean you used the Developer Tools, Network capture?   <eg>

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, June 18, 2015 11:28 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Robert, no that was a 'quick guess' based on a few minutes googling. I thought this error may have been seen elsewhere by others and that their assistance may have prevented my having to invest too much time investigating. I've dropped a message on the vendor website just in case.

Thanks

Nic

Thursday, June 18, 2015 1:20 PM
  • Thanks MeipoXu

starting IE with -extoff makes no difference. I've also done a reset via command line :-

RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ResetIEtoDefaults

again this makes no difference.

I've raised a ticket with the vendor but still believe this is an IE setting as the same routine works fine in both Firefox and Chrome.

Regards

Nic

Thursday, June 18, 2015 1:34 PM
  • same routine works fine in both Firefox and Chrome.

If you want to try to make IE ignore some problem data from the server you can use an override in the Security settings.   Disable:  Enable MIME Sniffing

Note: since that would be a global setting affecting all your browsing I would suggest making the change only in your Trusted Sites zone and putting this offending site in it.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, June 18, 2015 6:51 PM
    Answerer
  • Vendor resolved issue. Appears the problem lay within their own code. Interesting not from Robert about the mime types that I will test. Thanks to all who participated :)
    • Marked as answer by Nic Street Monday, June 22, 2015 9:32 AM
    Monday, June 22, 2015 9:32 AM