none
endnote and 365 disfunction RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there. 

I have contacted both microsoft and clarivate analytics, for a disfunction of 365 with endnote. In some footnotes, the function is normal. After some footnotes, when I point to the reference (from the bibliography), it does not get grey, although in the previous references it works. After a full check, they have informed me that I have to ask for your help! 

Could you please give me a solution?

Thank you in advance!

Chris P.

Friday, August 23, 2019 12:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

What detailed version of Office 365 are you using? Please mark sure that you have updated Office 365 to the latest version.  

Does the issue only occur with this specific document? Please create a new blank document and check if the issue will still occur.

Please try to open Word in safe mode to have a check. Press Windows + R to start Run, type winword /safe and press Enter. Create a blank document and check for the issue.

You can follow the steps in the article Change the Normal template (Normal.dotm) to find Normal.dotm. Then, you can rename it and reopen Word to have a check.

In addition, you can follow the article to reset user options and registry settings in Word

Please Note: This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure to back up the registry before you modify it. 

If the issue persists, try to online repair Office and reinstall it after uninstalling completely.

Please let us know if you have any updates or anything unclear.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, August 26, 2019 8:22 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, September 2, 2019 9:21 AM