locked
Daily alerts emails are not receiving? RRS feed

  • Question

  • Only 2 users are complaining that, they are not getting daily alert emails from one sub site (others are getting alerts). these 2 users are getting alerts emails from different sub sites from same site collection. We checked exchange server log, Yes exchange server not have their email ids. That means that SharePoint not sending emails to them.

    Why they are getting alerts from different sub sites not from one particular site? How can I debug and solve this?

    How can set log for alert emails in central admin? So I can check users emails are going or not.

     

    MOSS


    ItsMeSri
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 5:22 PM

Answers

All replies

  • This may be the case where there is an incorrect value in the alert. I would delete the alerts for the two individuals and recreate them. If that doesn't work, I would delete them from the User Profile List (they will automatically be added back when they visit the site), delete the alerts, and then add the alerts back (once they visit the site). If that doesn't work it is probably something in the database (such as a duplicate entry that can't be deleted) and will require some effort.

    Hope that helps,
    SharePointNinja

    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 5:38 PM
  • You mean delete User Profile in SSP or site collection user information list?

    ItsMeSri MOSS, 3 WEFs
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 6:17 PM
  • Hi ItsMeSri,

     

    Thank you for your post.

     

    Here is a blog which is talking about different kinds of alert issues and how to solve them: http://blogs.technet.com/b/steve_chen/archive/2009/11/20/alerts-in-sharepoint-troubleshooting-moss-wss.aspx. I think you can find the answer and solve your issue through the methods there.

     

    Also you can try to run the stsadm command, please refer to this article to get relevant information: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd278299%28office.12%29.aspx.

     

    I found some people said that they solved this problem by doing an iisreset. I’m not sure if this is required, but you can have a try if it is convenient for you.

     

    Hope this could help you.

     

    Regards.

    • Marked as answer by David HM Wednesday, January 5, 2011 7:55 AM
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 6:43 AM