Skipping/Cracking sound while playing media files RRS feed

• Question

• Just like 5days ago i noticed anytime i play anykind of media file with any type of media player it gives this weird cracking sound.I have checked to find any last installed software but doesnt seem to be one and ve checked for any recent windows update but doesnt seem to be one and tried system restore all to no avail. My PC Spec :OEM BRAND Desktop(Dont Know)/160 G HDD/Win 7 Ult.32bit/Intel Core Duo 2.80GHz/4.00GHz RAM.
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 12:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Bashman004

Go to My computer > System Properties > Device Manager

Click on the Triangle next to Sound Video & Game Controllers.

There should be an entry for your Sound Card
    Right click on that entry and select Update Driver Software from the menu. Follow the prompts and Windows should be able to Update your sound driver.

If that proves unsuccessful, then double click on the Sound Card Entry to bring up the Properties screen. Click on the tab for Driver and then select Roll Back Driver. This should put you back to your earlier working condition

If you are still having issues, then greater detail of the sound card system will be needed (or if included  in the motherboard - what system board do you have)

Hope this helps you move forward.............Rgds, Pat

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Saturday, December 25, 2010 1:55 PM
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 5:49 PM