Skype for Business to Skype Conferencing Error RRS feed

• Question

• The organization I am working with is currently using Skype for Business 2015 which is federated to Skype. External and Internal SfB users have no problem with conferencing. We are trying to invite Skype users on a conference call but unsuccessful. The error says, "Unable to invite xxx@live.com". 

Are conferencing features(including a/v, shared content, etc.) limited to Skype for Business users only?

If not, which configurations should I take a look at?

Hyacinth

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 12:36 PM

Answers

• Correct, Skype for Business to Skype is peer to peer audio/video, you can't include them in your conferences unless they leave the Skype consumer app and join with the Skype for Business web app.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, August 4, 2016 1:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Hyacinth E Monday, August 8, 2016 5:07 AM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2016 3:27 PM
  • Hi everyone,

My apologies for the delayed update and thank you all for your responses. After confirming that the features are limited to SfB-SfB only, no changes were made on our configs.

Hyacinth

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Thursday, September 15, 2016 12:00 PM
    • Marked as answer by Hyacinth E Tuesday, October 4, 2016 9:16 AM
    Monday, August 8, 2016 5:19 AM

All replies

• Correct, Skype for Business to Skype is peer to peer audio/video, you can't include them in your conferences unless they leave the Skype consumer app and join with the Skype for Business web app.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, August 4, 2016 1:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Hyacinth E Monday, August 8, 2016 5:07 AM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2016 3:27 PM
  • Hi Hyacinth E,

Agree with Anthony.

As a supplement ,so far, between Skype for Business client and Skype software, it is not supported meeting and share desktop\PPT or others.

Hope this helpful to you.

Best regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 4, 2016 1:39 AM
  • Hello Hyacinth, 

Rightly said as they are limited to p2p calls, you can see the link from skype consumer here

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12315/can-i-contact-skype-for-business-users-from-skype?q=federation

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Thursday, August 4, 2016 2:59 PM
  • Hi Hyacinth,

would you please provide us with an update on the status of your issue?

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue.

Best regards,

Alice Wang 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, August 6, 2016 5:29 AM
  • Hi everyone,

My apologies for the delayed update and thank you all for your responses. After confirming that the features are limited to SfB-SfB only, no changes were made on our configs.

Hyacinth

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Thursday, September 15, 2016 12:00 PM
    • Marked as answer by Hyacinth E Tuesday, October 4, 2016 9:16 AM
    Monday, August 8, 2016 5:19 AM