MS Office KB location RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to locate the download location for MS Office KBs on the WSUS server?  I have found the KBs for the OS, the admin has created a network share for those.  i have yet to see an Office KB in that location.  I'm assuming they are in a different location on the server and the admin has not created a share for it.  

I would like to ask the admin if they can create a share, in case they don't know where the Office KBs are where can i direct them?  Or in a WSUS / SCCM environment will they be located elsewhere?  

Thank you!

Sunday, December 3, 2017 3:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can get the corresponding  files of specific KB use WSUS console :

WSUS console --> click an update --> click "file information" in the right pane .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 4, 2017 1:38 PM
  • They are not stored in a folder once downloaded by the WSUS admin?

I built a SQL query to find the required missing patches for each computer from the SQL SCCM server.  I then take the output and search for those KB's.  Right now I can only locate the OS KBs, I would like to find a location that can be shared to provide a network share so i can find the Office KBs as well.  

The missing patches would have been approved by the WSUS admin already and have yet to push.  Some of our remote sites are very slow and have problems getting all the patches.  If we have a tech going to the site we would have them load up the patches on a memory stick and install them while on site.

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 4:23 AM
  • Talked to the SCCM admin, they do not keep the Office patches anywhere.  Talked to the patch admin, they led me to a shared folder that holds the patches for other needs.  

Got it all figured out.  

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Wednesday, December 6, 2017 2:00 AM
    Wednesday, December 6, 2017 1:16 AM
  • Hi,

Please mark the answer to resolve the case .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 3:44 PM