404 file not found error while accessing site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I am trying to access site,

http://xyz.abc.com

I am only one who is getting 404 file not found error on my system.

On other employee's system, its working fine.

Can you please help me out.

Thanks & Regards,

Jayashri

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 10:08 AM

Answers

• 1. Check that you have the proper connectivity to the server "network-wise": a. If the website is published on internet, you need to check internet connectivity i.e.cmd || ping www.bing.com b. Make sure that DNS is locating the right ip address for the name xyz.abc.com. i.e. (very common ) 2. Check that you have the proper client accessibility a. Clear the LAN settings on internet explorer (Tools || Internet Options || LAN Settings || Clear Proxy server ) b. Try to use different browser (it is just to know that your problem is about the client accessibility) and clear the cash as well. c. You can use fiddler (you can download it from the internet and install it on your machine to see what HTTP traffic are going on. 3. Check on SharePoint . a. It is also common that a dependent file (like master page, page layout… ) are created that checked out by some content published but not checkin-in or approved (publishing workflow), to make sure that this is your problem, try to login from your PC with administrator account. b. Try to navigate to other famous sharepoint page (xyz.abc.com/_layouts/viewlsts.aspx) this may give you some clue of what is happening. v
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 11:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you need to check SPlog first if this is happening with you only. Also make sure that you have permission to access this site. You can also check event viewer if anything log there.

Let us know your search

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 11:18 AM
  • 1. Check that you have the proper connectivity to the server "network-wise": a. If the website is published on internet, you need to check internet connectivity i.e.cmd || ping www.bing.com b. Make sure that DNS is locating the right ip address for the name xyz.abc.com. i.e. (very common ) 2. Check that you have the proper client accessibility a. Clear the LAN settings on internet explorer (Tools || Internet Options || LAN Settings || Clear Proxy server ) b. Try to use different browser (it is just to know that your problem is about the client accessibility) and clear the cash as well. c. You can use fiddler (you can download it from the internet and install it on your machine to see what HTTP traffic are going on. 3. Check on SharePoint . a. It is also common that a dependent file (like master page, page layout… ) are created that checked out by some content published but not checkin-in or approved (publishing workflow), to make sure that this is your problem, try to login from your PC with administrator account. b. Try to navigate to other famous sharepoint page (xyz.abc.com/_layouts/viewlsts.aspx) this may give you some clue of what is happening. v
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 11:36 AM