SSRS Export To PowerPoint RRS feed

• Question

• Very new to PPS, so bear with me.  We have a desire to use SSRS (2008) reports within the context of PPS.  We also have a requirement to export the SSRS controls to PowerPoint.   It doesn't look like this is natively supported in PPS (via the Performance Point webpart menu dropdowns) or even SSRS itself.   So, we are evaluating a 3rd-party add-in to SSRS which will Export To Powerpoint.  The add-in seems to work ok so far.  The problem for us is that the only way we know of (currently) to expose this exporting functionality to our users within PPS is by adding in (showing) the SSRS toolbar (the SSRS export capabilities are exposed on this toolbar which appears on top of the actual chard/grid).  The SSRS toolbar is not visually pleasing to our users, and we are trying to avoid having to show it.  That's kind of long-winded, but the real question would be: is it possible to add that "Export to Powerpoint" as a menu item on the Performance Point webpart drop-down...such that we wouldn't have to show the SSRS toolbar?  If so, any pointers to how this would be done?  Otherwise, any other ideas for exporting an SSRS 2008 report in PPS to PowerPoint?
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:38 PM

Answers

• Hello TBonePickems,

Unfortunately PerformancePoint is unable to export SSRS reports to PowerPoint and I don't know of any way to incorporate this into our current web part drop downs. I'm afraid that adding the SSRS Toolbar is going to be the only way to get that 3rd party add-in to work in this situation.

Thanks,
    Jon Thomas

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Monday, February 16, 2009 8:35 PM
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:44 PM