Adobe Acrobat RRS feed

• Question

• While installing Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional, Setup fails to create PDF Printer in Windows 7 though it is able to create printer in Vista
    Monday, August 10, 2009 3:00 PM

Answers

• I just tried installing Acrobat  8 on a 32 bit windows 7 install, and had the same results as you. I uninstalled it and installed Acrobat 9 trial and the PDF printer installed just fine. I even tried uninstalling 9 in the hopes it might leave the driver on but alas no such luck. I checked Adobe's site and found no help there. I am sorry, I wish I could think of something else. You can use my first suggestion and print to a postscript file, then distill to a PDF or upgrade to Acrobat 9.

Good Luck,

Garry

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 3:28 PM

All replies

• Acrobat PDF Printer does not work on an x64 OS. You will have to print to a PS file and distill the PS file. Hope this helps
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 3:00 AM
  • Gary, I'm using Acrobat on Win7 - 32bit and as per some of the suggested solution, even then it fails to appear in Printers list.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:03 AM
  • I just tried installing Acrobat  8 on a 32 bit windows 7 install, and had the same results as you. I uninstalled it and installed Acrobat 9 trial and the PDF printer installed just fine. I even tried uninstalling 9 in the hopes it might leave the driver on but alas no such luck. I checked Adobe's site and found no help there. I am sorry, I wish I could think of something else. You can use my first suggestion and print to a postscript file, then distill to a PDF or upgrade to Acrobat 9.

Good Luck,

Garry

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 3:28 PM
  • Hi

Thank you for your post.

You need to install the update that addresses certain application compatibility and reliability issues of Windows 7.

RESOLUTION
    To immediately install the update, click Start , point to All Programs , and then click Windows Update . In the navigation pane, click Check for updates , and then follow the steps to install all recommended updates.

On an additional note you have to restart the computer after you apply this update.

You may also like to try with update of Adobe Acrobat version too.

Hope this helps. However, if issue still persist kindly share the exact error message so that we can suggets you further.

Thanks

Saroj
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:43 PM
  • Saroj

I did the steps mentioned by you but unfortunately Windows 7 Ultimate - 32 bit came with message that no update available.

I read somewhere that Acrobat 8 Printer do not get installed in Windows 7 32 bit but it successfully gets installed on 64 bit.

I tried to double click on the PDFMaker INF file but no success.
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 5:01 PM
  • Is there a solution to this yet?
    Saturday, December 5, 2009 6:42 AM
  • Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS.
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 1:14 PM
  • JDogg988; Best Answer...
    Monday, April 11, 2011 9:45 AM
  • Had the same problem with Adobe 8 ( I was on XP before without issue).  Go to http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/confirmation.aspx?id=2394 Download spreadsheet.  I didn't see Adobe 8 Pro.  Adobe 8 is a paid upgrade.  Adobe 9 appears to be compatible with Windows 7.

Looks like I am going to have to open up the wallet.

Sunday, October 16, 2011 10:42 PM
  • hi guys,

just go to adobe download center http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform=Windows and download the adobe acrobat 8.1 update. this will fix the problem.

Thursday, October 27, 2011 8:15 AM
  • has anyone tried creating a new port and got it work?

i.e following steps on this page: http://mike.geek-republic.com/2009/03/20/quick-fix-manually-installing-the-adobe-pdf-printer-for-acrobat-9/

• Proposed as answer by AliceG Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:35 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by AliceG Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:35 AM
    • Proposed as answer by AliceG Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:36 AM
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:02 AM