Set Default Folders that are subscribed via IMAP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi *,

we have a lot of IMAP users using Thunderbird.

When they log in to their MS Exchange account for the first time, they will just see their "Inbox".
    Setting up the folder behaviour of Thunderbird to the Exchange standard folders (e.g. "Trash" to "Gelöschte Elemente" will only works, if the Exchange standard folder "Gelöschte Elemente" is subscribed via IMAP manually. (If they are not subscribed manually Thunderbird will ignore the folder setting.)

Does anybody knows a way to tell MS Exchange which folders should be subscribed via IMAP by Default?
    (This would help us a lot because we could automatically set the Thunderbird folder settings).

Thanks a lot!
    Matthias

Friday, July 12, 2013 12:24 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Do you check whether outlook IMAP has the issue?

By default, there seems no way to set the IMAP subscribe flag.

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by blindzero Thursday, July 18, 2013 8:02 AM
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 7:28 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I'm sorry.

I'm not familar with Thunderbird.

By default, there is default folders that are Inbox, Deleted Items, Sent Items, and others for exchange.

When you configure exchange account on your client, these folder will be subscribed.

I recommend you check if the issue persists when you use outlook IMAP4 to access your mailbox.

If the issue doesn't occur, I recommend you contact Thunderbird vendor to make sure whether it can subscribe exchange mailbox other folders.

Cara Chen

Monday, July 15, 2013 7:16 AM
  • Hi Cara,

I think its not a Thunderbird issue:
    Usually the IMAP server saves the flag on the server side which folder is subscribed by an IMAP-client, so you have a consistent setting on each client you use (e.g. thunderbird, mobile device, webmail).

When we configure an exchange account in thunderbird only the inbox seems to be subscribed and I have to set the subscribe flag for the standard exchange folders.
    So I am looking for some PS-cmdlet or so to set the IMAP subscribe flag for the other folders by default.

Matthias

Monday, July 15, 2013 7:44 AM
  • Hello,

Do you check whether outlook IMAP has the issue?

By default, there seems no way to set the IMAP subscribe flag.

Cara Chen

• Marked as answer by blindzero Thursday, July 18, 2013 8:02 AM
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 7:28 AM
  • Hi Cara,

thanks, but Outlook is no possibility for us...so I had to write a PS-workaround with a script that is called once in user-deployment and subscribes the exchange-standard-folders

Matthias

Thursday, July 18, 2013 8:02 AM