Content controls in header & footer converted to formatted text when doc is double-clicked ("New", not "Open"). Is there a hotfix? RRS feed

• General discussion

• User has Office 2007 and Win XP. I'm unable to reproduce the problem on Office 2010, but my user cannot upgrade at this time.

I'm have a hard time finding any answers on this... Any ideas?

• Changed type Max Meng Wednesday, July 20, 2011 2:53 AM
    Saturday, July 9, 2011 2:53 PM

All replies

• If the user is dealing with documents in the Word 97-2003 format, note that it doesn't support content controls.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Sunday, July 10, 2011 1:23 PM
  • Content controls are definitely supported. Only those in the header/footer are converted.

When the document is opened via right-click -> Open, all content controls are preserved.

When the document is opened via right-click -> New, the content controls in the header/footer are converted to formatted text.

Monday, July 11, 2011 4:04 PM
  • Sorry, I can't reproduce this issue.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Friday, July 15, 2011 1:30 PM
  • I couldn't reproduce this issue either.

Please make sure you have installed all the updates for your client.

Sincerely,

Max Meng
    Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 1:58 AM
  • We are changing the issue type to "Comment" because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to "Question" by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Max Meng
    Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 2:53 AM