Cannot install SCCM client on Site server itself, remove Mgmt Point did not help RRS feed

• Question

• All

Running System Center 2012 SP1 R2 CU4(Build 5.00.8239.1501) on Server 2012 R2. I cannot seem to get the SCCM client installed on the SIte Server itelf. I removed the Management Point Role and tried the setup but that pulled a 8004100e error in the ccmsetup.log. I have seen the articles referring to using the "patch" switch but I am hesitant as it looks like it is for a different CU#. Don't want to hose the installation.

Any idea's?

...Alan

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 2:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please confirm the "client push installation properties" on the SCCM console\Administration\Site Configuration\Sites\Client Installation Settings have checked the "Configuration Manager site system servers" (e.g. image)

In addtion, you could refer to a similar issue:
    http://silentcrash.com/2013/10/sccm-2012-client-installation-fails-with-error-code-8004100e/

Hope it helps.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 6:03 AM
  • Hi,

Please confirm the "client push installation properties" on the SCCM console\Administration\Site Configuration\Sites\Client Installation Settings have checked the "Configuration Manager site system servers" (e.g. image)

In addtion, you could refer to a similar issue:
    http://silentcrash.com/2013/10/sccm-2012-client-installation-fails-with-error-code-8004100e/

Hope it helps.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Yes, I had that checked but here is an update. I found another article with "clean install" instructions of the client. Removed the MP role, I deleted the ccmsetup, removed a few registry entries, rebooted. I also noticed I missed the important switch in the manual install "/Source". I performed the ccmsetup specifying /Source xxxx and the install returned an exit code of "0" this time. As soon as I added the Management Point Role back in the SCCM system showed "Active", so client is installed. Thank you for the suggestion.

...Alan

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 12:10 PM