usb mouse deconnects extremely often, sound becomes low, and heaphone jack output does not lead to headphones RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know what to do. My USB mouse deconnects, accompanied with a windows event sound (the one played when unplugging a device), randomly. It occurs more often when I'm in the device manager, causing the device manager device list to reload about 10 times: here my mouse deconnects extremely often. Then whil on the internet, it happens quite often. Alese, it happens often enough to be frustrating anyhow. I don't want to hear anything about drivers, because I tried several mice, it makes no difference.

Another thing I noticed is the following: when the mouse deconnects and the windows unplug sound plays it seems the jack headphone output does not lead the signal to the headphone anymore. instead, it's like the pc speakers get the signal instead. Additionally, the sound may become very low, even though it's at maximum.

It looks like a conflict to me, but a conflict that's not permanent. Therefore, it's difficult for me to troubleshoot.

This is unacceptable.

I need a quick solution, or I will throw my computer out the window and never buy microsoft again.

thank you.

Thursday, October 6, 2011 9:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Before moving on troubleshooting this issue, please perform a Clean Boot to check whether this issue is caused by some third party software.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Clean Boot is a step of troubleshooting, we can go back to normal by running MSCONIFG.

First, you may upgrade all the drivers then try to use anther mouse and headphone instead, then check the issue again.

Also check Windows Mixer. Make sure all the Applications’ volume are set to the maximum.

For the playback device, please right click the sound icon in the tray. Chose “Playback Devices”, make sure the playback device is set to the headphone:

If something unclear or any progress, please feel free and let me know.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Tuesday, November 8, 2011 9:05 AM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:30 AM