How to configure maximum size of HDD on WIndows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

How to configure maximum size of HDD on WIndows 7.

I mean, that i have two HDD, one 500, and second 400 (physical above) not ablet to merge it. So,

So, i need configure setting for first 500GB, then he reach for example 480GB, treated as "full" and all files stored at 400GB.

Thank you.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 7:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Aurimas Preidis,

Based on your description, did you mean you want to merge these two hard drives?

If yes, please follow the steps in this link and check the result.

How to turn old hard drives into one large drive in Windows:

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-turn-old-hard-drives-into-one-large-drive-in-windows/

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 11:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Aurimas Preidis,

Based on your description, did you mean you want to merge these two hard drives?

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-turn-old-hard-drives-into-one-large-drive-in-windows/

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 11:54 AM
  • Hi Aurimas Preidis,

Best Regards,

Tao

Actually no, for example I have partition C: with 300GB. Then partition reaches 280GB it become red with low space sign. I need to change registry entry or something that Operating system can think that 280GB (despite that it is 300GB on it) - is full and will use another drive.
    Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:06 PM