none
Performance Point dashboard Designer issue in connecting to data source RRS feed

• Question

• We are continuously getting the following error when trying to create data connection and define dimension(s) among different filters and reports in Dashboard Designer.

error

This is to clarify that Performance Point Services, Secure store service, unattended service account are configured and db read rights are already granted to the specified account . Moreover, the View view in the dashboard designer also shows the following screen when we try to view the data while connecting to the data source.

error

Now that all the services and rights have been configured correctly, what is the mistake we are doing?

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yasmeen Arshad

Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:51 AM

All replies

• Please check if your account used to run Performance Point Services application pool has read rights on the Data Connection library in PWA.

Abhijeet M. Mohite

Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:16 AM
  • I am using the Administrator account to run PP services. 
    Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:36 AM
  • Which account you are using to run Secure Store and Unattended account. Also grant these users rights on Data Connections Library.

Additionally enabling verbose logging fro Performance Point Services through SharePoint Central Administration Console and collecting ULS logs while you trying to create data connection.

ULS will give you much better idea on what is causing above error.

Abhijeet M. Mohite

Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:42 AM
  • We are using the Administrator account to run all the services. Full Control has been assigned to the account but still it is giving the same error.
    Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:06 AM
  • The connection was made successful after using analysis services connection type.

However, i am getting one more error while connecting to aonther cube in the database. It shows Connection Successful! while creating the connection but when i try to use that connection in Analytic Chart(s) it is showing the following error:

error

Now where the problem lies.. Confused!

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yasmeen Arshad

Monday, May 14, 2012 9:46 AM