Team Planner and Project Online? RRS feed

• Question

• How do you get team planner to work with Project Online?

With all offline files, I can create a resouce pool and link it to my other projects.  I can then open team planner in my resource pool and move around tasks from all projects.

If I open my resource pool from Project Online, it does not show any of the assigments.

Is this possible?  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Matt

Sunday, September 30, 2012 5:18 AM

Answers

• It sounds like you are opening the enterprise resource pool (when you open from PWA does it say Checked-out Enterprise Resources at the top of the Project client?). Opening the enterprise resource pool is just for changing resource properties - availability, email, etc. It doesn't contain any actual assignment data like the local resource pools do.

If you want to see which projects your resources are working on, you have a few options.

1. In Project Online go to Resources. Check the resources you care about and then select Resource Assignments on the Resources tab.

2. If you have a project open in the Project client, go to the Resource Usage view. For your enterprise resources you should see something that says "Other Project and commitments". If you expand that you'll see the other projects the resource is working on and these will also show up in the Team Planner.

Thanks,

Heather

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 11:21 PM

All replies

• Matt did you publish the projects?

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Monday, October 1, 2012 2:42 PM
  • It sounds like you are opening the enterprise resource pool (when you open from PWA does it say Checked-out Enterprise Resources at the top of the Project client?). Opening the enterprise resource pool is just for changing resource properties - availability, email, etc. It doesn't contain any actual assignment data like the local resource pools do.

If you want to see which projects your resources are working on, you have a few options.

1. In Project Online go to Resources. Check the resources you care about and then select Resource Assignments on the Resources tab.

2. If you have a project open in the Project client, go to the Resource Usage view. For your enterprise resources you should see something that says "Other Project and commitments". If you expand that you'll see the other projects the resource is working on and these will also show up in the Team Planner.

Thanks,

Heather

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 11:21 PM
  • Matt:

May I ask, are you using just the Project Client online or are you using Project Server as well?

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Saturday, October 6, 2012 5:30 PM