none
webpage is not loading in browser RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to access one of the website from our client computers. On some computers i am getting the error 'This site can't be reached' 'Err_connection-refused'. Please find below points for your reference,

1. This web site is working fine in internet explorer. However sometimes it will not load and it will be working again after resetting the IE settings. Where as in chrome it never works and either reset of chrome doesn't make any changes.
    2. I have already updated the chrome to latest version and tried to reinstall.
    3. Uninstalled antivirus and disabled windows firewall.
    4. This website is working on some clients in chrome without any challenges but the same website is not working on computer beside that on chrome.
    5. Cleared the browsing history and cache of chrome.
    6. Resetted my IP address cleared the DNS cache as per below,
    netsh winsock reset catalog then press enter.
    ipconfig /flushdns then press enter.
    7. Used Chrome Cleanup Tool and check for any errors and nothing found.

FYI: Sometimes the webpage will not work on IE also with the error 'page cannot be displayed' however the same will be fine if i reset IE settings.
    Please note that in some computers it is working fine in IE and chrome which is located beside the affected user.

Please note that we are using Forefront 2010 proxy and its website is already allowed on proxy(as mentioned working on all clients with IE and on most of the clients its not working in chrome).

As the website is sometimes not working in Internet explorer, it will be fine after resetting the IE settings. Still on other browsers it won't open. Hence there should be a specific settings that are applied to other browsers as well to work for this website. Any other thoughts
    Monday, October 31, 2016 2:15 PM

Answers

• 'Err_connection-refused'
    Ask the web site operator.  There must be a reason.  E.g. they may be using IP address as an authorization factor, come from the wrong place and be refused, etc.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, October 31, 2016 10:58 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Livin Jose,

According to your description, this error also occurs for different type of reason like browser cache block, firewall and antivirus disable and proxy block. Please refer to the link below to check.

http://www.toppctech.com/err-connection-refused-error-fixed/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 2:08 AM

All replies

• 'Err_connection-refused'
    Ask the web site operator.  There must be a reason.  E.g. they may be using IP address as an authorization factor, come from the wrong place and be refused, etc.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, October 31, 2016 10:58 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Livin Jose,

According to your description, this error also occurs for different type of reason like browser cache block, firewall and antivirus disable and proxy block. Please refer to the link below to check.

http://www.toppctech.com/err-connection-refused-error-fixed/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 2:08 AM