Error observed while sequencin Oracle 11g client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Would some help in understanding the error as observed in the attachment.

the application installation works fine, when installed standalone on VDI, but gets error during sequencing using 4.5

Friday, November 30, 2012 12:08 PM

Answers

• So how long is the PATH environment variable on your sequencing machine? During sequencing run CMD.EXE and check the variable.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Marked as answer by hi96 Friday, December 7, 2012 2:05 PM
    Friday, November 30, 2012 12:26 PM

All replies

• So how long is the PATH environment variable on your sequencing machine? During sequencing run CMD.EXE and check the variable.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Marked as answer by hi96 Friday, December 7, 2012 2:05 PM
    Friday, November 30, 2012 12:26 PM
  • Hello,

If you install Oracle without running the sequencer on the machine you are currently using as sequencer, most likely you will receive the error. It simply means that your %PATH% is too long.

You can clean it up manually by removing entries from Environment Variables.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Sunday, December 2, 2012 9:43 PM