Cisco VPN Client 5.0.01.0600 firewall policy did not match RRS feed

• Question

• After installing Cisco VPN Client 5.0.001.0600 I had to add the server address to trusted sites in firewall to get to the point where usr/pwd was requested. Goes through negotiating, securing and the rest but then I get the following error message.

The client did not match the firewall policy configured on the central site VPN device.  Cisco Systems Integrated Client Firewall should be enabled or installed on your computer.

No help at all from Cisco because I am not a contracted user it appears.

Has anyone else encountered and fixed this issue?

Sunday, November 18, 2007 11:26 PM

All replies

•  pdave wrote:

After installing Cisco VPN Client 5.0.001.0600 I had to add the server address to trusted sites in firewall to get to the point where usr/pwd was requested. Goes through negotiating, securing and the rest but then I get the following error message.

Has anyone else encountered and fixed this issue?

I downloaded and installed the free ZoneAlarm edition. Then restarted the Cisco VPN service.

After the service restarts, open the VPN gui - now an extra option appears under the menu "Option" labeled - "Stateful Firewall (always on)". Click it to enable the Cisco VPN Client Firewall features. Then I did not have the problem any more.

//joensson
    Friday, March 14, 2008 12:02 AM
  • Had the same problem. I tried to disable the Windows Firewall just to check if that would make it, but that was fruitless.
    Isn't there any other way then download + install ZoneAlarm? I don't want that.
    Friday, April 4, 2008 8:03 AM