Skype for Business Video phone RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new Polycom VVX 601. It has the camera installed, and the camera is working correctly. I've got a picture of myself in the upper right hand corner.

My problem is that I cannot seem to find a way to USE that camera in a call.  I have no video option in the soft keys, and nothing I press will enable it.   When I try an call it from a computer using Skype for Business, and I try to enable a video session, it tells me the phone refused the video connection.

Finally came to know that Skype for Business don't support VVX Camera in Polycom VVX 500/600 phones.....bummer :(

I am looking for alternate solution for Skype for Business Video call. Can anyone suggest any other manufacturer/model phones that support Skype for Business (on-premises) video calls in Manager's offices and small rooms. not big conference room phones..?

Tek-Nerd

• Edited by Tek-Nerd Thursday, January 11, 2018 3:19 PM
    Thursday, January 11, 2018 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Tek-Nerd,

Based on your demands ,the USB certification program ensures that USB peripherals such as Microphone ,Speaker and webcams ,offer rich audio or video quality. You could connect to Polycom ,they will give you appropriate solution. There is a link about the Phones and Devices for Skype for Business, you could have a reference.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dn947482?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 12, 2018 7:12 AM
  • Hi Leon,

I know these peripherals works well with Desktop Skype client. However I am looking for Video solution with Phone. Will they work with Skype for business account login on phone ( no desktop client..)?

Tek-Nerd

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 3:51 PM
  • Hi Tek-Nerd,

I search it on the Google,I find a android phone(Yealink T58V Ultimate Video Desk Phone) ,it may support video call on this phone, you could have a reference, but I suggest you to contact them, before you buy it

https://www.buyphonesonline.ca/collections/microsoft-office365-e5-phones-skype-for-business

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, January 18, 2018 1:58 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:48 AM