none
NTFS Rights corrupted

Question

• Hi group,

there was an auto chkdsk run which seems to have corrupted many ntfs access rights and now several things does not work anymore in a Windows 10.

I couldn't find a way to fix yet.

If there is no tool my be I can write a script parsing ntfs rights in directory struct of win 10 at other computer and try to set the same on the problematic one.

Several things work when started as admin but not as user because of the wrong ntfs access rights.

Unfortunately I can't start App Store as Admin by RightClick like other programms.

iwlf

Monday, March 27, 2017 3:38 AM

All replies

• Hi iwlf,

If you could write a script parsing ntfs rights in directory struct of win 10 at other computer and try to set the same on the problematic computer, you could have a try firstly. However, I think this way is a hard project.

In my opinion, you could try to reset system, go to Settings/Update & security/Recovery/Reset this PC, then choose keep my files option. After this, you just need to reinstall your apps. This way is more direct and can resolve system issue.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:37 AM