SharePoint 2013 and MS Office Web Apps (OWAps) - force 20 minute Idle Time-out in IIS application pools in OWAps after server's restart RRS feed

• Question

• Good day.

We have Sharepoint's 2013 farm and one dedicated server with MS Office Web Apps (OWAps). When users need to view documents from this portal, they have to wait, because OWAps app-pools in IIS was constantly go to idle by standart 20-minutes timeout. If we tune to zero this parameter in IIS console (for all OWAps application pools), after server's restart they drop down to default 20 minutes...

Product Documentation for OWAps is so poor, please help.

This this magic appears only when physical server restart - restart iis (by iisreset) does not change Idle Time-out in application pools...
    • Edited by Allan Stark Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:41 PM
    Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:37 PM

Answers

• The reason WAC is recommended to be installed on a dedicated server is that it recreates the IIS sites/settings. This is why you're seeing the setting reset itself after restart.

What I'd probably recommend is creating a script that queries the WAC URL on a regular basis.

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Rebecca Tu Tuesday, February 24, 2015 11:55 AM
    Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:50 PM

All replies

• The reason WAC is recommended to be installed on a dedicated server is that it recreates the IIS sites/settings. This is why you're seeing the setting reset itself after restart.

What I'd probably recommend is creating a script that queries the WAC URL on a regular basis.

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Rebecca Tu Tuesday, February 24, 2015 11:55 AM
    Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:50 PM

I thought just to change it through the powershell after server's restart.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:54 PM