none
forwarded e-mail RRS feed

• Question

• AT&T had to switch my modem, but now my forwarded e-mails are not going through. The e-mail goes through without a message, photos or attachments.
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:04 PM

Answers

• So you mean outbound mail, from your mail server to the Internet (other recipients on the Interner)?

And only forwarded mail? What about a brand new message?

Otherwise, the mail is delivered but without the text body (message) and attachments?

That really sounds like a Layer 7 problem while modems are functioning more at L1 and L2.

I don't see how the new modem could strip attachments and eliminate your text from emails while still allowing them to be delivered (albeit minus their content).

I'd almost consider the modem change to be a coincidence.

Can you tell us more about your environment, mentioning perhaps any antivirus or antispam software you may be using?

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Tuesday, March 5, 2013 2:13 AM
    Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:25 AM

All replies

• So you mean outbound mail, from your mail server to the Internet (other recipients on the Interner)?

And only forwarded mail? What about a brand new message?

Otherwise, the mail is delivered but without the text body (message) and attachments?

That really sounds like a Layer 7 problem while modems are functioning more at L1 and L2.

I don't see how the new modem could strip attachments and eliminate your text from emails while still allowing them to be delivered (albeit minus their content).

I'd almost consider the modem change to be a coincidence.

Can you tell us more about your environment, mentioning perhaps any antivirus or antispam software you may be using?

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Tuesday, March 5, 2013 2:13 AM
    Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:25 AM
  • Hi saturdaymorning,

Any updates?

You can also try to contact AT&T to open a ticket first.

Frank Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 1, 2013 5:42 AM