Outlook indexing RRS feed

• Question

• I have a multiple problem and I'm a bit tired to sort it out in my brain.

The search is ridiculously slow on Outlook 2016, I went to the indexing options so I could rebuild the index but the "indexing options" button is faded and I can't click on it. I went to the search update, but all is up to date. I tried then to go to programs and "change" office so as to run a repair but for some reason Office2016 isn't showing up at all in my programs list.

This could be a case of me being tired but if anybody has any idea where I left my brain or even better how to sort out the issue would be great.

Monday, April 10, 2017 11:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What type of email account are you using? Exchange, IMAP or POP3?

>>but the "indexing options" button is faded

Do you mean the 'Indexing Options' button under File > Options > Search? What if we go to Control Panel, find and click Indexing Options?

Instead of repairing Outlook program, we may also consider to repair your Outlook data file (.pst or .ost) and then see if this issue continues. For your convenience:

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Repair-Outlook-Data-Files-pst-and-ost-25663bc3-11ec-4412-86c4-60458afc5253

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, April 17, 2017 8:02 AM
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:13 AM