WMPNETWK.EXE RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone found a fix, other than disabling the service, to this service running constantly in the background. I do not like disabling it because I have an XBox360 that I use Media Center on. Please help, when this service is running it hogs almost all of my resources. I am running an AMD Phenom X2 at 3.01 Ghz and 4 GB of memory. This service literally makes my computer fall on its face.
    Saturday, June 25, 2011 5:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please check how big memories this service consume in Task Manager. Because It may transcode the original format to another when XBOX360 play the music from the library of Windows Media Player. So maybe this is caused by the codecs. Please uninstall all the codecs for a test.

Also, you may boot in Clean Boot to determine whether the 3rd party software cause this.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Sunday, July 3, 2011 10:25 AM
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 10:04 AM