Shortcut not getting published in AppV Sequencing RRS feed

• Question

• I have sequenced and application named "Quest PowerGUI" which is having 3shortcuts named 

1)PowerGUI console

2)PowerGUI console(Authorising Mode)

3)PowerGUI Script Editor

Now the issue is after suquencing only the 1st and 3rd shorcuts are getting published and the 2nd shorcut is missing...I tried comparing the OSD's and found out that the 1st and 2nd shorcut(ie;PowerGIU console & PowerGUI console(Authorising Mode)) are pointing to the same EXE...And also in the CODEBASE the only difference is PowerGUI console(Authorising Mode) is passing a PARAMETER and PowerGUI console doesnt have a parameter(ie;PARAMETER ="").....Please help me out in solving this issue...

Thankz in advance,

Vijin Vijayaraj

Monday, February 18, 2013 3:04 PM

All replies

• Post your OSD please, what OS do you use? What version of App-V? Does the app start while installed native?

What does your sftlog.txt say, because the shortcuts is not published, there should be an error message in there.

Did the application start successful during sequence? Try to start a cmd-box in the app-v bubble, browse to the exe and start it with the parameter. Does this work? Do you get an error?

Monday, February 18, 2013 3:31 PM
  • Am using AppV 4.6 SP1...and the OS in win7...both the three shorcuts are getting published in the AppV client management console...but as i mentioned earlier the shorcut named PowerGUI console(authorisation mode) is not appearing in the start menu....

Afer sequencing the application strats without any error...Also i tried to create the missing shortcut from the Appv client managemet console and it worked...But when i republished it again, the shorcut was missing in start menu...

Monday, February 18, 2013 3:51 PM
  • Are you sure those 2 shortcuts don't have the exact same name? Also what does your sftlog.txt say, and what's the content of the osd from the shortcuts which does not show up.
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:14 AM