none
Resource Plans upload by Resource RRS feed

• Question

• Hola,

I have these two questions:

I know there is no out-of-the-box functionality to build resource plans by Resource, instead of by Project.  However, we have this spreadsheet that has exactly that format, with information of almost 1000 resources. Has any of you find yourself in the same situation and how did you approach it?

Any utility  you are aware of to use?

On the other end, we would like to have a report that presents all resource plans for a selected set of projects. Again, is there an alternative to custom dev or going to SSRS?

Thank you in advance.

OMER 

Oscarin
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 8:58 PM

All replies

• I think you answered  your own question.  The functionality is not available in project server 2010 that you are looking for.  It's is going to require custom development and custom reports to pull the different plan capacities together.

It would be great if someone has developed a custom tool and looking for feedback.  This would be a great app to start in CodePlex

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Friday, December 16, 2011 4:25 PM
  • Thank You Michael,

for confirming my concerns. I know that, by definition, Project Server is project-centric and the spreadsheet we use is more in the "Function" view. Changing this way of thinking will require a lot of effort.

Regards,

Oscar

Oscarin
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:29 PM