none
Folder Redirection and Offline files on laptop

Question

• Hi All,

I should be not that difficult to setup my wish within Group Policy manager, but I can't get it to work!

I have a Windows 2012 server and two Windows 7 and Windows 10 laptops. All users are within the same OU and all have folder redirection (GPO) enabled. It works without a problem. But everytime a laptop is disconnected from the LAN, both the destop file and shortcuts, and the content of the My Documents folder is empty, not available. I would like to force (by using a GP) that all files within the Document folder and the content of the desktop are available Offline! So, it should sync...and it doesn't at the moment.. How to force the users to sync for offline availablity? Thanks!

Saturday, September 17, 2016 7:55 PM

Answers

• Fixed it by just enabling Offline FIles Sync on the laptops from within the Sync Center (Control Panel)
    • Marked as answer by Stendec75 Sunday, September 18, 2016 5:13 AM
    Sunday, September 18, 2016 5:13 AM

All replies

• Fixed it by just enabling Offline FIles Sync on the laptops from within the Sync Center (Control Panel)
    • Marked as answer by Stendec75 Sunday, September 18, 2016 5:13 AM
    Sunday, September 18, 2016 5:13 AM
  • Hi,
    I am glad that the issue is fixed. And appreciate your update and sharing the method to us. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same problem.
    Thank you for your effort again.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 19, 2016 8:11 AM
  • Hi all,

Sorry but we can't call it a fix, manually enabling Offline Files Sync from within the Sync Center can't be an acceptable answer in an enterprise environment.

I am encountering the same issue and telling my client to configure manually 1000 computers is not an option.

I'll let you know if I found the answer.

Viadeo: Mathieu Ait Azzouzene | Linkedin: Mathieu Ait Azzouzene

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 11:26 AM