Recurring but random blue screens while in games . Unsolvable! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all.
    I'm turnining to you guys because I'm totally defeated and have no clue how to solve my errors.

It began with problems regarding Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center. It started complaining about not being correctly installed all of a sudden, so removed it, did a CCleaner clean, reinstalled and it seemed to be working fine. However, ccleaner corrupted the registry creating all sorts of problems, one being windows claiming i lost authenticity . I did a fresh install, riddled with problems, but in the end it worked out. I had some problems installning drivers with crashes occuring pretty often. I think this relates to windows being installed with IDE drivers but mobo was set to AHCI at the time. I got some drivers in, and tried playing battlefield 3 but got a blue screen pointing to ntoskrnl.exe.

What i've done so far to try and correct this:
    1 Downclocking processor
    2 Downclocking ram
    2 Update every driver I could find. This includes motherboard BIOS, graphics drivers, .NET Frameworks, mouse and keyboard drivers, headset drivers, soundcard drivers
    3 Run integrity checks on HDDs, primarily the boot one.
    4 Malwarebytes scans
    5 Avast scan (now uninstalled)
    6 Microsoft Security Essentials scan
    7 Swapping RAMs. I found a problem with one stick so now im running another set of rams in. 2 sets, 4 sticks in total
    8 Memtest86+, ran every stick for about 4hrs
    9 Upgrade windows ( I.e install a new copy of windows over windows)
    10 Run driver verifier (one dump uploaded is triggered by verifier)
    11. sfc/scannow commands
    12. chkdisk

Needless to say, none of them seem to have worked. Im beginning to think my computer is defunct

Every crash relates to ntoskrnl.exe in some way, and sometimes there was another driver name in bluescreenview but it all points to ntoskrnl when viewing it in WinDbg.
    It most often happens in battlefield3, and can vary from twice in a game (10 minutes) to not at all to once in a day.

I have attached the latest minidump files here -> skyDrive,

Age of computer : < 1 year.

Please, Someone, help me!

EDIT: I don't think I have updated my sata controller, I dont know what to look for. My mobo is a Z68 Extreme3 Gen3. SSDs are (boot) Samsung 830 128GB, and Intel 520 128GB
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Tuesday, December 4, 2012 11:10 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 8:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

After checking the latest dump file, I found the error code 0x19 was received, you can refer to Bug Check 0x19: BAD_POOL_HEADER (Windows Debuggers). The FAULTING_MODULE is WerFault.exe.

The werfault.exe is used for Windows Error Reporting. It is a feature that allows Microsoft to track and address errors relating to the operating system, Windows features, and applications. It gives you the option to send data about errors to Microsoft and to receive information about solutions.

Try turning it off temporarily and see if this will fix the problem. 

a. Click Start and type services in start search and press Enter.

b. Locate Windows Error Reporting service in the services list

c. Right-click on it and click Properties.

d. Open "Startup type" list and select "Disabled" and click OK.

e. Check and see if you are still getting the werfault.exe error.

Also, please try to test the issue in Safe Mode to check whether this issue is related to hardware.

Hope this helps

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, December 14, 2012 7:01 AM
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 2:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

After checking the latest dump file, I found the error code 0x19 was received, you can refer to Bug Check 0x19: BAD_POOL_HEADER (Windows Debuggers). The FAULTING_MODULE is WerFault.exe.

The werfault.exe is used for Windows Error Reporting. It is a feature that allows Microsoft to track and address errors relating to the operating system, Windows features, and applications. It gives you the option to send data about errors to Microsoft and to receive information about solutions.

Try turning it off temporarily and see if this will fix the problem. 

a. Click Start and type services in start search and press Enter.

b. Locate Windows Error Reporting service in the services list

c. Right-click on it and click Properties.

d. Open "Startup type" list and select "Disabled" and click OK.

e. Check and see if you are still getting the werfault.exe error.

Also, please try to test the issue in Safe Mode to check whether this issue is related to hardware.

Hope this helps

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, December 14, 2012 7:01 AM
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 2:43 AM
  • Thank you Vincent, I have made the corrections you proposed and I hope the crashes stop coming . I have another thread open on SevenForums where I've also had my logs analyzed , however they did not come to the same conclusion as you. Nonetheless, I thank you for your knowledge and report back if it continues.
    Saturday, December 29, 2012 2:13 PM