none
can't capture new wim RRS feed

• Question

• can't capture new wim

I tried removing the rearm task sequence but I still get and error right away, got any tips?

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 7:58 AM

All replies

• Post your ZTIBackup.log please
    Wednesday, September 16, 2015 8:03 AM
  • hi where can I find that folder it was not in c\mim...

I found somebody saying this:

I am guessing you are capturing a VM? In which case this is apparently a known issue and we have had it as well (creating a ~700MB wim then failing). What we found was that after running sysprep, when it attempts to restart (before starting the capture) turn off the VM completely, then power on and the image will capture normally. No idea what causes it, but ensuring the VM shuts down instead of rebooting after running sysprep sorted it without issue for us. This was when capturing a VM on Hyper-V.

im now trying to start the vbs script instead in windows instead of f12

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 9:43 AM
  • This is a good link that shows where logs are located at various stages during the deployment

http://www.deploymentshare.com/post/know-your-logs

Your likely best bet is C:\Windows\Temp\DeploymentLogs

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 10:25 AM
  • Hi I did not find find ztibackup you can see here what I see, Do you also know why my capture task sequence also starts the normal installation right after it has failed or successfully done a capture? I have to reinstall the pc everytime or revert to my old snapshot. m using sphere client to create a wim, when running the vbsscript throughout windows then It only failed at creating the wim. I remember last time I successes with this then someone at youtube said that you have to choose a different folder when it asks for where to save the file and also that I should change the local admin password becaouse it can conflict.

I can add the new error if you let me run the setup again!

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 11:57 AM
  • Wednesday, September 16, 2015 12:50 PM
  • This is only guessing without logs.  From the first screenshot above I see only that it was unable to create some process.  And that results in not being able to rearm Office 2013.  For there to be any rearm Office 2013 step you must have had to make some script customizations.  You could post your custom stuff and someone might be able to correct your code.

Most important details are logs. If you are unsure how to post logs or where to find them then reference https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 5:53 PM
  • Hi,

The rearm only does this: "%programfiles(x86)%\microsoft office\office15\OSPPREARM.exe"

but the weird thing is that this worked like 1 month ago.. :S

The changed I made to the win7 installations was windows update, updates some software adobe reader, java, firefox, changed the antivirus from SEP no firewall no antivirus instead of a similar version that we had before.

I remember watching an expert on youtube: BJTechNews and he said something about changing local password to something else because that could ruin the capture, but I wasent able to change the password I have to domain the account to change it I will try this, and he said something about the folder that I choose to place the wim that there was something that should be changed there, I will try to find the vid and replicate what he said!

Best regards Kjell-Krister Valge

Thursday, September 17, 2015 6:54 AM
  • Well if you can resolve the issue with the rearm then the other part of this should just work.  I don't know why the rearm is failing.

Most important details are logs. If you are unsure how to post logs or where to find them then reference https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/

Thursday, September 17, 2015 5:51 PM
  • Well if you can resolve the issue with the rearm then the other part of this should just work.  I don't know why the rearm is failing.

i get new message when i disable rearm 13, it goes all the way, could it be the local password that is incorrect? It said wrong password when it reboot ones so I typed the local password bymyself.

lika guy solved it here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/79f4b0df-d975-4068-8c52-3fae60dd0650/unhandled-error-returned-by-ltisysprep-the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified?forum=mdt

Friday, September 18, 2015 9:50 AM
  • i notice that the drive don't have space.. maybe that's the problem XD
    Friday, September 18, 2015 12:39 PM
  • it was!, problem solved!
    Monday, September 21, 2015 9:41 AM