Submit a requests/items/forms that becomes read-only after submitting them RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to create something that will allow users to submit a request for a certain company resource but they should then not be allowed to edit or delete the request after submitting it. I was planning to use an 'Issue Tracking' list but I can't seem to get the permissions/settings so that users can't edit the submitted items afterwards.

Any tips on the best way to accomplish this? It doesn't have to be that pretty, just functional.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 10:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Let me define this in details:

1. Go to permissions page of your site. You can add _layouts/user.aspx to your site URL and it will take you there.

2. Now go to settings --> Permissions level.

3. in the next page create a permission link.

4. In List permissions select only Add Items option.

5. Now create a user group and provide this permission level.

I hope now this is clear.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    • Proposed as answer by JLager84-2 Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:18 AM
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

On a list, you can specify unique permissions. From the list's menu bar, select Settings, then List Settings, then Permissions...

On the Permissions page, click the Actions drop-down menu, then Edit. You will break any inheritance from the main site.

Best wishes,

Eric

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 11:57 PM
  • On a list, you can specify unique permissions. From the list's menu bar, select Settings, then List Settings, then Permissions...

Thanks, I'm aware of this but what permissions can I use that will allow users to add items to the list but at the same time not edit or delete them after they've added them?
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:19 AM Do not use full quote
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 12:01 AM
  • Hi,

Let me define this in details:

1. Go to permissions page of your site. You can add _layouts/user.aspx to your site URL and it will take you there.

2. Now go to settings --> Permissions level.

3. in the next page create a permission link.

4. In List permissions select only Add Items option.

5. Now create a user group and provide this permission level.

I hope now this is clear.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    • Proposed as answer by JLager84-2 Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:18 AM
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:21 AM
  • Let me define this in details:

Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for. Forgot that you can create new custom permission levels and didn't think to look in the site permissions.
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:19 AM Full quote wastes screen space unnecessarily.
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:35 AM