none
Enterprise Mode Site List Local Cache Location RRS feed

• Question

• We host out site list for enterprise mode (IE 11) on an HTTPS site. but i can't seem to figure out where the file gets cached on the workstations. basically when i am troubleshooting i want to be able to open the cached sitelist.xml and see the contents. 

Does anyone know where the locall cache for the sitelist.xml is stored on the client PC's? (windows 7). 

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 11:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This cache list store in IE temporary file folder, you can delete the local Enterprise Mode site list by selecting the Cookies and website data check box under Delete Browsing History in Internet options, and then clicking Delete.
    Also, here's a link about How Internet Explorer 11 looks for an updated site list: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn756383.aspx 

The site list get and down action is logged via IIS. This log can be found in c:\inetpub\logs\Logfiles\W3SVC2, you can check it for troubleshooting.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:39 AM