none
How many dataset copy we can create in a week? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm struggling to make schedule where the LT should have dataset copy 3 times a week with ST with daily Full+incremental backup with configuration as follow below:

ST retention range: 2 Week(s)
    Synchronization: Daily
    ST backup schedule:
       Weekly: Full backup: Friday 3:00:00 PM
       Daily: 6:00:00 PM except on: Sun, Fri, Sat

LT (tape) retention range: 2 Week(s)
    LT (tape) frequency: Weekly
    LT (tape) backup schedule:
       Weekly: Monday 7:00:00 PM
       Weekly: Wednesday 7:00:00 PM
       Weekly: Friday 4:00:00 PM

ST configured on DELL TL4000 (4 drives) and LT configured on DELL TL2000 (2 drives). With configuration Library details as follows:

Library: TL4000
    Drives allocated: 3
    Copy library: TL2000

No matter what i configure it seem LT - dataset copy only can be create after my ST - Full+incremental been made and it only once a week?

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Reason I wanted have 3 times a week fall in Mon, Wed, Fri  because I want to send offsite the tape will covering from ST.
    But do not want make double copies of the tapes.

DPM 2010 with latest roll-up (KB2615782) | DELL Server R710 (Windows 2008 R2 SP1) RAM: 24GB PF: 36-60GB | DELL TL2000 (2 Drives) | And still struggling and monitoring... Battle continues... never life happy ever after.. :(

• Edited by Oneoa Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:51 PM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You are correct. If you change the first recovery goal from Full + Incremental daily backup, to Daily Full only, then you can see if making multiple weekly backups on different days will work.  

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, June 24, 2012 8:23 PM