Windows 10 1511 EDGE history is empty RRS feed

Answers

• kindly check the settings:

Microsoft Edge

SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

1. Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    2. In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
      sfc /scannow

If it fails then try to create a new user account which I suggested earlier and check the issue.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Saturday, December 12, 2015 12:20 AM
  • Hi sigbart,

Please open an administrative powershell command line and run "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}" to register Microsoft Edge.

If the issue persists, please login with another account or create a new account to troubleshoot whether the issue only occurred with the specific account.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 14, 2015 6:58 AM

All replies

• Check if you are in   "inPrivate Windows".

Kindly check the settings of Edge.

You may need to run Windows app troubleshooter if the issue still persist.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Otherwise, create a new User Account and recheck.

Friday, December 11, 2015 4:33 AM
  • No, I am not in Private windows.

This troubleshooter link did not find anything bad.

I visited some links, but History stay empty:(

New account I will not do because I have about 300 installed programs and they are working perfect!!!

(I have no so many time to reinstall all programs)

PS. and else, when I click on "Open folder" in "Downloads" the EDGE is crashing(close)

Friday, December 11, 2015 10:01 AM
  • kindly check the settings:

Microsoft Edge

SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

1. Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    2. In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
      sfc /scannow

If it fails then try to create a new user account which I suggested earlier and check the issue.

Saturday, December 12, 2015 12:20 AM
  • Hi sigbart,

Please open an administrative powershell command line and run "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}" to register Microsoft Edge.

If the issue persists, please login with another account or create a new account to troubleshoot whether the issue only occurred with the specific account.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 14, 2015 6:58 AM
  • Did not help this:

I do not want to open new account. Is it possible to repair my old account?

Sunday, December 27, 2015 7:58 PM
  • Hi sigbart," Is it possible to repair my old account?"

So the issue only occurred with the specific account?

We could refer to the following link to fix the present user account. It should also be applied to Windows 10.

Fix a corrupted user profile

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-corrupted-user-profile#1TC=windows-7

Best regards

Monday, December 28, 2015 1:33 AM