none
Issue provisioning a Windows app (NotSpecified com exception)

Question

• Hi all,

I am trying to provision my app on windows 10.

I have successfully provisioned previous versions of this app several times in the past (on windows 10), but  I am now running into issues. 

I am running Powershell ISE as an administrator From inside my folder containing the app and executing

Add-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackagePath .\myapp.appxbundle -DependencyPackagePath .\Dependencies\dependency1.appx, .\Dependencies\dependency2.appx, .\Dependencies\dependency3.appx -SkipLicense

I believe this is identical to the command I have used in the past, so am wondering if anything has changed with recent updates?

The unhelpful error message I am getting is:

Add-AppxProvisionedPackage : Unspecified error
    At line:1 char:1
    + Add-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackagePath .\myapp  ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Add-AppxProvisionedPackage], COMException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Dism.Commands.AddAppxProvisionedPackageCommand

Any help would be much appreciated,

Additional Info:

Windows: 10

Surface Pro: 4

OS Build: 14393.693

Thanks

• Edited by Santigo9 Friday, February 24, 2017 3:30 AM
    Friday, February 24, 2017 3:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Santigo9,

Have you configured the gpo "Allow development of Windows apps without installing a developer license"() and "Allow all trusted apps to install "(Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\ Windows Components\App Package Deployment)?
    The corresponding registry keys should be:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Appx\AllowDevelopmentWithoutDevLicense = 1
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Appx\AllowAllTrustedApps = 1

Sideload Apps with DISM
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/commercialize/manufacture/desktop/sideload-apps-with-dism-s14

If the issue persists, please check the Event Viewer(Windows Logs\Applications, Application and Services\Microsoft\Windows\Apps, Appx ) for more information to troubleshoot this issue.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 27, 2017 2:51 AM
  • Thank you,

I have already changed the registry values. I will look deeper into the event viewer and see if I can get any additional information out

Cheers

• Edited by Santigo9 Thursday, March 2, 2017 9:55 PM
    Thursday, March 2, 2017 9:55 PM