none
Periodically / schedualed data import for Google Analytics and MySQL databases RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm currently looking for a BI solution for a company I work at. Power BI Pro seems to have everything needed. We want to use Google Analytics, MySQL and maybe some other data sources. The basis as I understand it:

• Online version (called preview): gives users online capabilities to watch and share reports and construct them
    • Offline version (called designer): powerful tool to construct dashboards, import data and so on. The saved file can be uploaded onlineso that reports can be shared with different users.

So far so good.

However, now I'm stuck on the following: how do we periodically (lets say every day) import Google Analytics data in the online version. After connecting GA in the designer and uploading the saved file schedualing isn't possible. The online version however doesn't seem to support GA import. Is this possible?

If yes, can automatic imports be created for MySQL databases?

Regards,

• Edited by PowerBI_NL Monday, March 30, 2015 1:14 PM
    Monday, March 30, 2015 12:39 PM

Answers

• I think scheduled refresh for Google Analytics is going to happen fairly soon. Scheduled refresh for MySQL is something that exists in the original Power BI service and will eventually come to the new one as well.

In both cases, I don't know when you can expect to see the feature because it's not my team that's driving the rollout.

Monday, March 30, 2015 1:35 PM