MS Outlook 2016 Indexing Option greyed out RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I got an MS Outlook 2016 x32 search issue where the quick search bars are greyed out and going to File-Options-Search shows the Indexing Option non-functional as well.  I already rebuilt the index using the Control Panel and going through Indexing Options on the Large Icon screen view...nothing works so far. I receive an Error 3083 in Eventlog. 
    I've tried allready this things:

Rebuild Index

Reinstall Office (Only Full uninstall/Install help but the problem comes in few day again)

Remove and Re-add Outlook from Index Sources

Remove and Re-add Outlook Profile

Apply this Registry key: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/csstwplatform/2010/07/29/desktop-search-event-3083-window-search-mapi2handler-1-cannot-be-loaded/

At present this is happening by one workstation wuth Office 2016 (Click-to-Run) and running Win10 with all patches. Only one User/PC is affected

Monday, August 26, 2019 12:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Creol,

As far as I know, there is a known issue that Outlook search may return no search results for POP, IMAP, or Exchange accounts and Event ID 3083 is repeated in the Event Viewer Application Log.

To deal with this issue, we need to delete some related registry keys. Please refer to the details in this official article:

No search results for POP, IMAP, or Exchange accounts

Besides, what's the detailed version of Outlook 2016? Please install available updates for both Office and Windows to see if there are any improvements.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:23 AM
    Tuesday, August 27, 2019 1:39 AM
  • Hi Creol,

I'm writing to see if there are anything else I can do for you.

Please feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:24 AM