Outlook Randomly adds receipients to an email RRS feed

• Question

• I've had user update windows.  update office.  check to see if any rules are on.  Curious if I should check anything else?

Friday, May 15, 2020 6:54 PM

Answers

• jeff,

Thanks for your feedback. The user stopped wanting to do troubleshooting so you don't need to respond but I will give you some information cause I think it's an interesting situation.

It is in Exchange.  It happens in desktop application.  It is happening in a group email only.  It only happens when the user updates a meeting is when new users are added to the email for a calendar update.  There was some changes to the group membership a week before and from what it looks like it only happens on older calendar invites before the change was made.  For new calendar invites that are changed there is no activity.  That's my belief as to what the issue was .

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Dleroy0 Monday, June 22, 2020 7:33 PM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2020 8:16 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Is this a problem that has only recently occurred? If so, what specific operations did you do before this problem occurred?
    What's the type of your account? POP, IMAP or Exchange?

Does this issue only occur to the specific email account? It is suggested to add other mailbox to your Outlook and see if the issue can be reproduced.
    In order to confirm if the issue is related your Outlook client, please log in to the webmail and see if the issue has any difference.

If they can all work fine on the webmail, please follow the suggestions below to troubleshot:

1. There could be some add-ins in your Outlook client that cause this issue, so it is suggested to start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.
    2. A corrupted profile can lead this issue, so please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 18, 2020 3:24 AM
  • Hi ,

Have you got your issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you.

If you have any update about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 22, 2020 9:34 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 8:54 AM
  • jeff,

Thanks for your feedback. The user stopped wanting to do troubleshooting so you don't need to respond but I will give you some information cause I think it's an interesting situation.

It is in Exchange.  It happens in desktop application.  It is happening in a group email only.  It only happens when the user updates a meeting is when new users are added to the email for a calendar update.  There was some changes to the group membership a week before and from what it looks like it only happens on older calendar invites before the change was made.  For new calendar invites that are changed there is no activity.  That's my belief as to what the issue was .

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Dleroy0 Monday, June 22, 2020 7:33 PM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2020 8:16 PM
  • Hi Dleroy0,

Thanks for your reply and sharing. I will record your issue and observe if other users have similar issues as you.

Since you have mentioned that the user stopped wanting to do troubleshooting, in order to close this thread, would you mind kindly marking your own reply as answers?

Besides, if you encounter other issues related to Outlook client, you could post to our forum and we will try our best to help you solve your issue.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Thursday, May 28, 2020 6:26 AM