ALWAYS launch sequenced Internet Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm sure you've been asked this a million times but thought I'd ask it again as all the threads I've read are from years ago...

How can I ensure that when a user clicks on a hyperlink contained in an email for example that the sequenced version of Internet Explorer with the appropriate add-ons is automatically launched and NOT the base Internet Explorer? *

This is critical for us; seeing as I work for a company that largely deals in Web Design!

Thus far I haven't found a way around this and have resulted to using Symantec Workspace Virtualization (Previously SVS) for all IE apps but I would rather only use App-V 4.5 CU1 across the board.

Many thanks,

John

* I do realise that IE itself is not sequenced but pulled into the bubble when sequencing apps such as Silverlight for example.

Friday, July 24, 2009 4:01 PM

Answers

• Hello,

If offering an available sequenced IE app its probably somework to get all links getting opened within the sequenced app, however, look at this article;
    http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX103126

You could check what FTA options you have possible to use, but I guess to receive full coverage you will have to make some registry hacks.

The Citrix content redirection will probably give you a very good idea of the mechanisms in work behind everything.

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, July 27, 2009 1:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Friday, July 8, 2011 1:44 PM
    Saturday, July 25, 2009 2:06 PM

All replies