No Boot Filename Received on X240 but other system ok RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone, been pulling my hair the whole day about this...

I just had a brand new Lenovo X240. Tried to PXE boot yesterday, made it to MDT LiteTouch deployement but failed once in Windows because I had not included the new drivers.

I added the driver, but after that I had the "proxydhcp service did not reply to request on port 4011" error. Still, other system were fine with MDT. I added a bunch of driver for the system, now I have the "PXE-E53: No boot filename received" error. Still, other system are working fine.

Now I don't know where to look. I completly reinstalled WDS just in case but no luck yet.

Anything left for me? I'm about to throw everything through the windows...

Thanks!

Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:15 PM

All replies

• The question is confusing, What you have are two separate problems, I do not see how they are related.

If you were able to make it to the MDT Litetouch Deployment, then we have estabilished that you can PXE boot. And you are correct in trying to add the driver into the MDT Console.

The fact that you could not get past the "proxydhcp service..." error is more confusing, and I don't think it's releated to the first problem. Your machine should be able to connect to the WDS Server, and download the image independent of the drivers you load into the MDT console, and into WinPE.

I would investigate why the machine can't connect to the ProxyDHCP service, you may need to enable WDS logging to check.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:40 PM
  • I'd like to add that my problematic machine receives an IP adress from the server. 

As for your comment, the problematic do not receive the ProxyDHCP error anymore. It is now replaced by the No boot filename message since I added new drivers into the boot image.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:46 PM
  • Well, that is weird. Let everything after the job yesterday as is. Retried this morning and it's working...

Just lost a day at work...

Friday, January 24, 2014 1:39 PM
  • Well looks like I'm habing the issue again. Everything was on a VMWare server, did a rollback with a snapshot I took before playing in a lot of configuration.

I enabled the log on the server, can't find anything really particular.

All other machine are working...

Friday, January 24, 2014 8:24 PM