Can't get to see First Organization RRS feed

• Question

• After meeting all the prerequisites for installing Exchange server 2010 and when i start up the setup everything seems soo fine but i don't get to see the part where i need to type in my Organization Name i mean "First Organization"....ANyy help?
    Friday, September 7, 2012 3:30 PM

Answers

• THanks for your reply.

This command setup /PrepareAD  /OrganizationName:<organization name>   performs the task of creating an Exchange organization container under CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=<root domain>. See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125224.aspx

I think that's why you did not see the box of typing Organization Name.

To see your organization name, launch Adsiedit.msc and switch to the container.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Fiona_Liao Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fiona_Liao Friday, September 21, 2012 7:56 AM
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:38 AM

All replies

• Does the Exchange Organization already exist? You wont get prompted if it does.

Check the Exchange Setup log to see whats its doing if you have any doubts.

Friday, September 7, 2012 5:48 PM
  • I guess you run the setup tool more than one time, right?

If this is true, there is an option "use the previous setup configuration" when you launch the Exchange 2010 setup wizard again. Once this option is selected, the Setup process will start directly without prompting your organization name, or asking what roles should be installed, etc.

Fiona Liao

• Proposed as answer by Fiona_Liao Monday, September 10, 2012 8:22 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Fiona_Liao Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:38 AM
    Monday, September 10, 2012 8:21 AM
  • Fiona i run the setup /PrepareSchema and also setup /PrepareAD [/OrganizationName: <organization name>...But if i may ask if the installation to on successfully without me seeing the Exchange Organization wont that cause any problem? And what must i do in order to see the Exchange Organization?
    Monday, September 10, 2012 3:29 PM
  • No A_D am installing in a new environment so i guess i should see the Exchange Organization right?after i met all the prerequisites i run the following commands setup /PrepareSchema and also setup /PrepareAD [/OrganizationName: <organization name>...!
    • Proposed as answer by Nayan Khatua Tuesday, September 11, 2012 11:59 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Nayan Khatua Tuesday, September 11, 2012 11:59 AM
    Monday, September 10, 2012 3:32 PM
  • THanks for your reply.

This command setup /PrepareAD  /OrganizationName:<organization name>   performs the task of creating an Exchange organization container under CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=<root domain>. See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125224.aspx

I think that's why you did not see the box of typing Organization Name.

To see your organization name, launch Adsiedit.msc and switch to the container.

Fiona Liao

• Proposed as answer by Fiona_Liao Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fiona_Liao Friday, September 21, 2012 7:56 AM
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:38 AM