Setting up multiple Out Of Office periods RRS feed

• Question

• I've already got much of next year planned on my calendar and there's some periods where I'll need to have the Out Of Office auto-replier running.  Rather than just setting it up for one, then remembering to change it for the next, is there any way I could do them all in advance?

• Moved by Steve Fan Monday, December 18, 2017 2:22 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Friday, December 15, 2017 7:53 PM

All replies

• Hi, OOF can be set automatically by script from template. But you must have rights to Exchange Server. On client side, probably macro will help read calendar if you have Out of Office event there and set up OOF message based on that.

Friday, December 15, 2017 9:36 PM
  • Hi Loggy,

Outlook doesn't provide a build-in options to automatically turn on/off Out of Office. If you are familiar with VBA, you may refer to sample mentioned in the following article and see whether it helps:

https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/3487/Automating-Out-of-Office-in-Outlook.html

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Since we are not the best resource for coding, if you need further assistance regarding VBA codes, you can post your request to the following forum:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/site/requests

Thank you for the understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, December 20, 2017 9:45 AM
    Tuesday, December 19, 2017 7:33 AM
  • It would be a wonderful and yet an easy-to-implement feature. I hope the Outlook developers can add a few lines of code to implement it for the next version of Outlook. I'm using Outlook 2016. The feature is not there.
    Thursday, August 1, 2019 2:10 PM
  • I haven't tried this, but I am suspecting you can create a rule to respond to any emails received between a time frame with a desired message.  That sounds too simple, but I am going to try it today.
    Friday, February 21, 2020 2:03 PM