Multiple extended Internet site on same WFE RRS feed

• Question

• There are two intranet web applications and both are extended for able to be accessed over Internet.

Lets say , pqr.abc.com and xyz.abc.om (both are extended site with respective host headers ). And there are 2 WFE's.

Also ISA has been setup.

If I keep both the extended sites in IIS started then, pqr.abc.com serves few requests correctly and fails for a few.
    On the other hand , xyz.abc.com is fully fucntional.

And if I stop the second site , xyz.abc.com then pqr.abc.com serves all the requests correctly.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Ankit,

Please select the ip address (not "All Unassigned") for your pqr.abc.com and xyz.abc.com IIS binding settings, see if this issue can be fixed.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771629.aspx

Thanks,
    Daniel Yang
    Forum Support
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com. 

Daniel Yang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:59 AM

All replies

• are you sure that the IIS bindings are only configured with host headers? it seems like there might be bindings with no host header that would be conflicting; in that case, one of the sites *will* be shut down.

Scott Brickey
    MCTS, MCPD, MCITP
    www.sbrickey.com

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:40 PM
  • I'm sure there are bindings with host header for both of the sites.
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:46 PM
  • Hi Ankit,

Please select the ip address (not "All Unassigned") for your pqr.abc.com and xyz.abc.com IIS binding settings, see if this issue can be fixed.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771629.aspx

Thanks,
    Daniel Yang
    Forum Support
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com. 

Daniel Yang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:59 AM