A SIP request made by Lync Failed in an unexpected manner RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know what causes the issue below?

A SIP request made by Lync failed in an unexpected manner (status code 0).

• Edited by Phil Layton Friday, January 9, 2015 10:13 PM
    Friday, January 9, 2015 4:25 PM

Answers

• There's an issue with the dialer, you might want to ensure that it's running properly or contact the vendor because the error seemed to be related to it not responding properly.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Eason Huang Monday, January 12, 2015 9:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eason Huang Monday, January 19, 2015 1:32 AM
    Friday, January 9, 2015 10:39 PM

All replies

• It looks like vsvr11.creative.local may not be listening on port 5867 or there's possible routing issues?  What's running on vsvr11?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, January 9, 2015 5:57 PM
  • Are there any Lync applications on it, or is a user running Lync there?  Why would Lync be attempting to communicate with that box via SIP?

Friday, January 9, 2015 6:24 PM
  • We actually run an auto dialer that runs on vsvr11.
    Friday, January 9, 2015 6:29 PM
  • There's an issue with the dialer, you might want to ensure that it's running properly or contact the vendor because the error seemed to be related to it not responding properly.

• Proposed as answer by Eason Huang Monday, January 12, 2015 9:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eason Huang Monday, January 19, 2015 1:32 AM
    Friday, January 9, 2015 10:39 PM