none
Issue in Cut/Copy/Paste Functionality RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, the windows operating system (since it's Windows XP Version) is having problem of cut, copy and paste.
    If user cut a texts/images in the Notepad or MS Office he/she can paste the cut texts/images multiple times which he/she can do even with the copy option with only difference that the first instance is removed.
    Now, if I talk about copying a file in windows environment, a user can paste the copied item multiple times as expected ,since the item is stored in Clipart . But, if I talk about "cut" option in windows environment then the user is not restricted to paste the file/folders only once. He/she is not restricted from pasting the cut files/folders multiple times. However, in Ubuntu/Macintosh the users are restricted to paste only once.
    The code snippet for "cut" is having the issue in windows only. This problem is more obvious if the file size is too large. A user should be bound to paste only once if he/she has cut the files/folders. Since windows doesn't obey this, the following problem arises:-
    1. CPU utilization reduces.
    2. Optimum disk utilization reduces (as most of the spaces are used for creating multiple instances).
    3. Optimum RAM utilization decreases.
    4. Cache load increases.
    5. Data inconsistency increases ( if user paste two times one preceded by others then, only the first instance is created correctly and the second instance gives error after almost utilizing the above mentioned resources for long time).
    There may be more problems related to this other than the listed above. The user has to sit ideal for longer time if his/her system is having smaller RAM capacity. The issue is with the use of Clipart and the method used by Operating System for cut/copy and paste.
    I would also like to inform you that I am having the solution for the above problem. So, kindly response to my query and let me know how can I join your team for further discussions.
    Thanking you.
    Rahul Raj
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 4:49 PM

All replies

• Ohhh.... that's really a big problem in windows. Today I checked the issue and I found that it lies with the operating system. Windows OS developer should work on this ASAP.
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 11:41 AM
  • Still I am waiting for the reply from the Forum Mantor. I hope they will take it as important as I think.
    Tuesday, September 12, 2017 2:55 PM